Real Estate Transactions
Damage Control understands how delicate a sale can become when mold is found in an inspection prior to closing. We will complete the remediation in a timely manner and provide you with the proper paperwork and certifications necessary to close the deal.
Property owners can appreciate when a job is done right. Using a professional mold remediator protects the property manager, the owner, and the tenant.
It's not what it used to be. Science and advanced remediation techniques have enabled the mold remediation industry to become more cost effective. And our estimates are FREE!
Peace of Mind
Only professional remediation will ensure the safest living and working environment for everyone who walks through your doors. It will also provide documentation that the mold was taken care of properly so that you can breathe easy.
Why is mold growing?
Mold is a common type of fungus that can grow and live in organic matter including many building materials. Mold needs only three conditions to grow:
Moisture, Food, and optimal temperatures (70-90F)
How will mold effect me?
Moldy buildings have abnormally high airborne mold spore counts, which reduces indoor air quality and can cause a range of health issues including:
- Watery itchy eyes
- Sore throat
- Skin irritation
- Respiratory ailments
Most as risk are infants and young children, pregnant women, individuals who have lowered immunities, the elderly, and asthma sufferers.
Where is mold found?
Mold is found everywhere. It is a natural part of our environment. However, when it becomes concentrated indoors it can cause health issues and damage to building materials. Mold commonly appears near water sources, poorly ventilated attics, crawlspaces, and other areas where moisture may become trapped.
Our Mold Remediation Process
1. Correct or Repair the source of water enabling mold growth.
2. Conduct a preliminary assessment - What is contaminated, how far has it spread, and identify what type of contaminant?
3. Design the remediation strategy best suited to the site.
4. Set up containment area to avoid cross contamination.
5. Suit up in protective equipment and enter containment area.
6. Perform the remediation - Hepa vacuum to remove contaminants. Use proper EPA registered chemicals to remove mold on a cellular level and apply mold protective coating. Hepa Vacuum again.
7. Containment exit protocol - Dispose of sealed contaminated debris. Hepa Vacuum and wipe all equipment and tools used in remediation, and Hepa vac and wipe all things that will exit the contained area.
8. Post remediation evaluation - Perform post inspection prior to conducting clearance testing by a Certified Industrial Hygienist. Break down containment.
9. Document the entire process and report.
100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
The Damage Control team is highly skilled and readily equipped to identify, evaluate, and design remedial solutions for clients to manage and eleminate mold and water intrusion from residential and commercial buildings.
Damage Control was founded on a commitiment to serve.